Search Unity

Any plans for month to month pro / plus plans?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zerophase, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerophase

zerophase

Has there been any thought to allowing month to month payment plans for pro / plus? The current plans just don't seem to make the most sense economically with Unreal being free to use advanced features, and payment for successful titles matching the expected donation to an open source project. Other than that I'm sure it would drive down piracy. The current yearly payment plan is just inconvenient for the end user, and almost everyone else with paid licenses in the tool chain offer monthly payments for their tools. Feels like extortion for an engine that's only used for quick prototypes and projects where optimizations don't really matter.

My team mostly uses Unity for quick contract work, between working on our main Unreal project. I'm almost certain we'd pay, rather than just using the free version if we could pay month by month without a yearly commitment.

I'm perfectly fine with signing up for a yearly plan having a discount. I'd rather just pay month by month when I'm actually using the engine.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I did an ask about and there's no plans at all for any changes this year at least, which should help you make your decision. I am not privy to any information Unity doesn't want to release, but it does seem unlikely it'll change any time soon.

Are you over the threshold for Personal edition?

3. zerophase

zerophase

In terms of income? Nah, we make sure our income from Unity projects stays below 100k. Pretty much just want plus for the dark ui, but other features are nice as well. It's just easier to pay than looking for plugins or hacks for turning it on.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I see, well if it's for dark UI, then please add voice to feedback or an existing dark UI thread. I have to lock this now because there are already so many dark UI threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.