Search Unity

Any help finding stock humanoids, clothes, and hair customizations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by daveh1701, Apr 13, 2011.

1. daveh1701

daveh1701

Well, most RPGs, action games, shooters, etc. need large amounts of custom humanoids. Basic body shapes, clothes, hair styles. My question: are there stock tools available for this?

It makes no sense to reinvent the wheel everytime and model this stuff up from scratch, so I figure something like this has to exist. So, anyone have any leads? especially free ones! Think the sims person creator.

Otherwise, anyone have any tips on how clothing/hair is usually handled? If I have a marine, is his body armor part of the humanoid basic mesh, or is it a separate model applied over a nekkid person?

2. Robbilie2

Robbilie2

daz3d.com and buy micheal and victoria

All cloth there are for them and hair too

3. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

I hadn't seen daz until now.
    Looks like very impressive stuff.
    I don't see much mention of how detailed the models are. Will they work in an average desktop game?
    Is it easy to get those models working in uity ?
    Is daz studio easy to use?

Okay, i'm going to stop asking questions now.

4. p6r

p6r

I work a lot with Daz Studio for years...
    * Very easy to use ! More and more easy and Daz 4 will come with great tools to create infinite characters for example !!!
    * Very detailed models form Daz or thrid party !
    * Very good plugins to animate them or to export them in .fbx !

BUT :
    * Don't forget : The price for 3D games is not the one you can see on the "normal" Daz pages... You have to look at the developer pages !!!
    There are licenses (not for all models you can see on Daz Pages) for ONE 3D game or infinite 3D games !!!
    For example you may not use the great Victoria 4.2 in your 3D games even if she is free.
    Evne if "you can't" extract the 3D models from a Unity game, you may not use the Daz models without developer licenses.

* You can register for free and download the free version of Daz to test it and you can ask the sales support for any questions about licenses.

(If you want to make 2D pictures and use them into your 3D game : it's free !!!)

6R

5. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

http://developer.daz3d.com/

I haven't used it, but they talk about Unity a bit, and it seems to have a pretty straightforward workflow once you get the Game Developer Kit. The models have a ton of polygons but the GDK has a decimator plugin that lets you reduce the poly count.

6. HeV

HeV

7. Zastrow89

Zastrow89

how soon is soon HeV`? xD i reaaaaally want to buy them both together :D

8. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

I don't really get the idea of selling a nude, detailed textured base mesh with no accessories, clothing, hair or add-ons.

I would think that if someone wanted to buy something like that, then they are obviously not a skilled 3d modeler, so how do you expect them to make the clothing and add-ons? And if they were skilled enough to make the clothing and add-ons, wouldn't they make the character model themselves?

9. HeV

HeV

@ Rekaens i'm waiting for Caitlyn to validate it, so i hope this will be very soon lol and then i will pack em together.
    @ legend411 well since some people got it already, seems not to be that useless :) but anyway i think it's harder to make a good looking human than clothing ans stuff... You will find lots more modeler that will be able to create accessoires than anatomy. And i've done those models because many people were asking for stuff like this. So i guess this worth it.

And if anyone of the user needs some particular thing, feel free to ask me, i can indeed make some add-ons in the future.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  10. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

I see. I didn't mean to imply that it was worthless, just that, as a non-artist, I didn't understand its worth. I understand now that its great for semi-proficient 3d artists who suck at anatomy, or simply good artists that don't feel like reinventing the wheel.

Now that would be amazing. I would love to see something akin to Daz, where you could buy different accessory, clothing, hair, head, animation and texture packs for a base model. I'm actually surprised its never been done before.