Search Unity

Any good tutorials on using blender to create low poly faceted characters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Member123456, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Member123456

Member123456

I'm trying to find some decent tutorials on using blender to created low-poly faceted character like the ones in the popular asset store packs. I've found a few tutorials for terrain creation, but nothing great for creating characters.

These are the kinds of character I'm thinking of. Doesn't need to be to this complexity, even simple character tutorials will suffice just to learn the methods.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/polygon-fantasy-characters-97186

2. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

Same here. I was thinking of getting the city pack and using the characters as a reference to study to make my own more unique characters while keeping the same feel.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

It is just plain old box modeling with no textures and flat shaded surfaces.

Long story short, there's no "step by step" process, but rather you need to set aside time, and keep practicing till it clicks.

So.

Which part of modeling process is the problem?

Martin_H and theANMATOR2b like this.
  4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Google ? :rolleyes:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Member123456

Member123456

Wow thank you. I must not have searched very well. I found some videos but mostly just environment related stuff. However, I can see how it doesn’t matter what you are modeling, just that you do it in a particular way. I’ll check these out.

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Glad i could help :)