Search Unity

Question Any good cinemachine tutorials or resources for cinematic camera movement techniques?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by cloverme, May 6, 2022.

1. cloverme

cloverme

I can do some basic stuff in Cinemachine, like cuts, follow objects, shake the camera a bit, pretty basic stuff.

That being said, I feel like there's a "missing link" of sorts on how to do a lot of cinematic shots, like going from tracking one object to to a crash zoom on another object, then tracking on the second object. You'll see an example here in The Expanse at 0:58

Does this all have to be done using C# or is there something I'm missing to help configure Cinemachine for setting up camera movement sequences?

It would really cool if there was a tutorial for setting up the major cinematic techniques:

gaborkb likes this.
  2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

You don't need to script. You could use Timeline and Cinemachine to set up sequences like these. There are a couple of resources out there that can help you get started, e.g. search for Cinemachine + Timeline.

Check our example scene: Timeline. This shows how to setup a simple sequence of shots.
    To get our example scenes: Window -> Package Manager -> Cinemachine -> Import samples
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 5.06.58 PM.png

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    antoinecharton and cloverme like this.
  3. cloverme

cloverme

Thanks, I'll look into that.