Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Any good cinemachine tutorials or resources for cinematic camera movement techniques?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by cloverme, May 6, 2022.

1. cloverme

cloverme

I can do some basic stuff in Cinemachine, like cuts, follow objects, shake the camera a bit, pretty basic stuff.

That being said, I feel like there's a "missing link" of sorts on how to do a lot of cinematic shots, like going from tracking one object to to a crash zoom on another object, then tracking on the second object. You'll see an example here in The Expanse at 0:58

Does this all have to be done using C# or is there something I'm missing to help configure Cinemachine for setting up camera movement sequences?

It would really cool if there was a tutorial for setting up the major cinematic techniques:

gaborkb likes this.
  2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

You don't need to script. You could use Timeline and Cinemachine to set up sequences like these. There are a couple of resources out there that can help you get started, e.g. search for Cinemachine + Timeline.

Check our example scene: Timeline. This shows how to setup a simple sequence of shots.
    To get our example scenes: Window -> Package Manager -> Cinemachine -> Import samples
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 5.06.58 PM.png

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    antoinecharton and cloverme like this.
  3. cloverme

cloverme

Thanks, I'll look into that.

unityunity