Search Unity

Any example scenes for UnityAds integration?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by JayCally80, Dec 21, 2014.

1. JayCally80

JayCally80

Are there any example scenes to look at? I've tried their example with using a button to show an ad (works). But I'd like some more examples.

I want to have an "Ad" scene that loads before a level. Player would either watch/click ad and then that scene would load the next playable level or there would be a "skip ad" button which would load the next playable level.

Anyone know how to do this?

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

There are a few more examples available here.

What you're looking for is probably something like this. The script attempts to show an ad within x number of seconds after the scene containing the script is loaded.

3. Christop

Christop

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Ah, yes. Thing is, my demo was only meant as a temporary solution. It's been really helpful in providing support these last few months. But what's been most helpful is the feedback I've received from folks that have adopted it and made changes to suit their own needs. As a result, these helper scripts have changed and matured significantly over the last few months to reflect this feedback.

My plan is to update the Space Ads demo to use the helper scripts included in my demo, and eventually deprecating my own demo. This way there's a more real world use case for the helper scripts, something we can post to the Asset Store and publish to both the App Store and Google Play. We will also be adding an integration demo into the Sample Assets package, which is currently available through the Asset Store but is also being shipped with Unity 5.

What I can do for now is create a sticky post with a quick 10-step integration and a link to my demo project. We've got a big update coming down the line for Unity Ads. Hoping to have the documentation and demos updated for the release.

Christop likes this.