Search Unity

Feature Request Any chance of supporting Graph-based models in the near future?

Discussion in 'Barracuda' started by Wantcha, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Wantcha

Wantcha

Looking at Barracuda's changelogs, it looks like it's been quiet for some time, so I don't know if I should have hopes of this being added, but I was wondering if there are any plans for graph models to be supported, with things such as message-passing and encoding/decoding layers for node/edge embeddings. Graph networks seem to be getting a rise in popularity and I believe they could have a lot of applications in the context of 3D meshes, particles etc. I'm working at the moment on a physics simulation model and was curious to see if there is any way I could port it to a game engine.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What is the Barracuda's thing you refer to? I tried to search but there are so many things called Barracuda, from remote locations travelers like to visit through hard disk drives and Internet Security solutions and thanks for all the fish. o_O

Anyway, Unity has the GraphView. Still considered experimental but the Shader Graph and Visual Effect Graph have been built on this I assume. Many Asset Store tools, too, like NodeCanvas use it (often via an open source project called NodeGraphProcessor - unfortunately the very frequent updates for years suddenly stopped 10 months ago).

I'm currently prototyping a node graph for 3D mesh creation:

chadfranklin47 likes this.
  3. ippdev

ippdev

Barracuda is Unity's C# inference engine for ML