Search Unity

Any book focusing on game logic and its implementation?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zzm88104, Jul 25, 2021.

1. zzm88104

zzm88104

I am new to Unity. I used playmaker and made my first game before, but I feel that it's necessary to learn scripting to enhance my workflow.
    I have programming experience with web development on python, so it's no need to learn C# scripting basic.

So my question is: could you recommend a book focusing on game logic and its implementation? I hope a book provides project source files for every example and with detailed code explanation to a beginner.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Well, my book does that, though not for Unity specifically. But it does provide full source and detailed explanations of every bit of code. The first half of the book is general programming — you can probably skim through that pretty quickly — but the second half of the book or so gets into game logic and implementation. And if you have any questions as you go through it, I will be happy to help you out.

3. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I've bought a few books on Amazon specific to Unity, such as SAMS Teach Yourself Unity in 24 Hours, it's pretty good and has some good example games complete with source code.

JoeStrout likes this.