Search Unity

Any 2d bone animation system based on meshes?

Discussion in '2D' started by dullman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. dullman

dullman

Hello what i seek in my game is fully customizable characters based on created meshes from svg files, so what i need is some tool which allows to create a skeletal of character in runtime, and allow to play animations created for template for this character (so whilst general skeletal would be the same as character, it could differ with bone length/size/some bones missing/etc), whilst i asked creator of puppet2d he answered that runtime support is not provided, for smoothmoves from documentation seem that it's useful only for bitmaps not meshes and the only one which seems useful is http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/release-free-unity-sprites-and-bones-2d-skeleton-animation.219915/ but basically i do not know if it allow me to create bones in runtime and play template animation for characters, so i would like to ask if there is any asset that allow me to create animations in editor/external editor, and than create skeletal for runtime character (based on meshes not sprites) and than play created animations onto character??

2. dullman

dullman

Really not single person made a 2d game with customization??
    As i wrote i currently uses free version of bone animation, but i look some tool which allows to create skeleton in runtime and also include mesh deformation, if it's not exists is there any tutorial/documentation how to create mesh deformation myself (basically i want steps from getting premade mesh to getting deformed mesh, since i do not know 3d graphic so prefer to be idiot proof, also can be in any programming language (not in 3d software))