Search Unity

ANTlantUS the Found Continent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ANTlantUS2100, Oct 3, 2021.

?

What would be 5 "must have" personal possessions that you have, want, or are striving to own?

1. These items are silly... I'm looking for "your" desired possessions... have, want, striving to get

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. #2 yellow pencil, for most of us, silly, but a kid in a 4th world country, trying to go to school???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A Novel... say "Treasure Island"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Your "Stamp Collection"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Your Great, Great grandfather's rifle he lugged across country in a wagon train

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It would be great if this was fill on the blank answer, but it isn't, so you can post your responses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Also, out of the five, make at least one (more if possible), you want and are striving to get

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ANTlantUS2100

ANTlantUS2100

First, Please let me know right away if this the wrong place to ask or if it is inappropriate. I'm in the early stages of developing a Virtual World environment and would like individuals who exist in, or frequent, those environments to provide constructive input as to their personal "Wish List" of what they like and dislike about those environments, and give input on my personal direction. We can either do it here... if is OK with powers to be or via my email... ANTlantUS2100@gmail.com

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

None of the choices in your poll have any relevance to Virtual Worlds.

If you are REALLY trying to develop a virtual world, you're moving in a wrong direction.

For Virtual Worlds, take a look at Anyland. It is free, and is pretty much unlike anything else on the market.

As for things many people want it would be

1. An ability to define what they look like
    2. A mirror.

That will keep most people glued to that particular spot for hours.

FernandoMK likes this.
  3. ANTlantUS2100

ANTlantUS2100

I gave those examples as just that examples... My last choice is what I really need. Unfortunately, there isn't a fill in the blank option, which is what I really need. Yes, this poll has total relevance to my particular venture. Is Anyland your creation of a virtual world? So, if you can't find any "direction" in my question, then maybe you are missing some of the "secrete sauce" related to my environment. I'm being really honest when I'm trying to figure out what personal assets or possessions are important to people, because it has a major impact on my direction. My concept is somewhat contingent on that answer, but not mandatory. It would just make hypothesis have more credence.

So, since you responded, can you tell me your true response?

4. neginfinity

neginfinity

(This is an opinion. Also it may be quite cynical)
    Anyland is not my creation, it is freeware VR game on steam.

You start on an island in the void, you only have hands. And then you create yourself and the world around you. If people are around, a guest (a living human) will arrive on your plane and help you. It is an experience unlike anything else, pretty much. The community is tiny and the game may be dying, but if you're into building words, you need to check this one out.

People, in virtual world, tend to seek couple of things. Some may seek escapism and wish fullfillment. They want to be something they're not, and be somewhere where they're not. So if you give them a way to wear ficitonal character's skin they'll stand in front of the mirror, admire themselves for hours. Because when you give humans a world to explore, they'll prefer to look into mirror. At least some humans will.

That does not apply to everybody.

The other group is socializers. Those seek new places and meet new people from different cultures. Then they chat.

Then we have explorers that roam worlds not presents in reality and want to admire things.

And then there are creators, that build their own avatars and worlds.

Of course there are also people who want to cyber (those probably fall into wish fullfillment), and people who are into it for money, or are trying to promote their products, preach their religion, etc.

The last "most important reason" you listed (bible + family tree) to me sounds as far too personal. A desire to connect to your roots, perhaps. The other items don't have much appeal to me.

The main issue with virtual worlds right now is that most software does not let you build stuff within the world. You have to go through external software, upload process, sometimes there's waiting time to be approved. Except anyland. That one allows you to make anything within the world. Then we also do not have a "virtual world web" or "cyberspace". VRChat, for example, have tiny rooms which are completely isolated pocket dimensions. You can't say, start walking in one room and arrive in another place. There's no continuity.

Judging by your poll question, you're trying to go somewhere, but the idea behind it feels like it is misguided.
    For example, if I want a car, you can't give me a car in a virtual world. Because virtual car isn't real, and when I log off from the game, it still won't be in my garage.

And that's why I said that none of the choices are relevant to virtual worlds.

5. ANTlantUS2100

ANTlantUS2100

That is "stuff" I'm searching out from users in those environments. Thank you. So, I revised my poll question so it asks for Possessions rather than assets. I think that assets refers to monetary things where possessions refer more to the things you cherish. Really, I didn't want to lead anyone down a path to an answer I wanted them to agree with, more like getting them to say those would be great to have, but more than all those, "X" is what I always wanted, and I worked really hard to get it. It is something that satisfies one (or more... was asking for 5) life long dreams to achieve. Guess I need to work on the survey question. Problem is they restrict the wording to a certain length and it is difficult to get enough info to get the right response. I'll work on it a little more. Again, thanks for your insight.

Your statement... "For example, if I want a car, you can't give me a car in a virtual world. Because virtual car isn't real, and when I log off from the game, it still won't be in my garage." is great for my needs. Because where I'm going with my direction... the possession I'm looking for (in part) can be in both places (real and virtual) I just can't divulge that info yet, until I get farther in the process. One of the building blocks of this process is to test your hypotheses. And this is just one of many I need to address to make my project successful.