Search Unity

Anti-Cheat Toolkit: stop cheaters easily!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by codestage, Aug 20, 2013.

1. codestage

codestage

Hey @jmjd

Yes migration is still possible but you'll need to migrate to the latest v1 first in order to allow further migration.

Please contact me directly so I could send you older version for the first migration step.

2. Flight648

Flight648

Hi codestage, thanks for a great asset!
    Can you please help me with GetEncrypted() method for ObscuredString? I'm trying to save encrypted value into external file like this, but it doesn't work:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ObscuredString level = SceneLevels.CurrentSceneName;
    2. char[] levelKey;
    3. saveManager.LastLevel = level.GetEncrypted(out levelKey);
    I'm new to Unity so I probably miss something with syntax here. With ObscuredInt variables this logic works.

3. codestage

codestage

Hey @Flight648,

Your code looks correct.
    Could you please elaborate on this?

4. Flight648

Flight648

It's shame to admit, I forgot that GetEncrypted() returns not an Int, but char[], so that was the reason )

codestage likes this.
  5. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

@codestage , just imported the latest version and am getting the below as an FYI:

[ACTk] Some error occurred while looking for image
    Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Textures/ForDark/Icons/Star.png
    Please report to support@codestage.net including your Unity and ACTk version numbers.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.TextureTools:GetTexture(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Tools/TextureTools.cs:57)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.TextureTools:GetIconTexture(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Tools/TextureTools.cs:25)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.Icons:get_Star() (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Tools/TextureTools.cs:76)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.SettingsGUI:DrawSettingsHeader() (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Settings/SettingsGUI.cs:94)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.SettingsGUI:OnGUI() (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Settings/SettingsGUI.cs:41)
    CodeStage.AntiCheat.EditorCode.<>c:<CreateMyCustomSettingsProvider>b__0_0(String) (at Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Scripts/Settings/SettingsProviderWrapper.cs:24)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Thanks.

6. codestage

codestage

Hey @NathanielAH,

Thank you for reporting this problem.
    I can't reproduce it on my end though.
    Could you please provide additional details so we could move further here?

- what is your Unity version?
    - does file Assets/Plugins/CodeStage/AntiCheatToolkit/Editor/Textures/ForDark/Icons/Star.png exists?
    - when this errors does show up?
    - did you tried to re-add ACTk to the project or reproduce it in new empty project?

Thanks!

7. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

Please see below. As to re-producing, I've encountered a separate error that I need to work on re-producing and will work on this alongside it. Will update you once I'm done.
    • 2019.4.1f1
    • Can't find it now; in trying to clear my other issue, cleared this asset.
    • It showed up right after install.
    • I have not; as indicated, I will if it crops up again in the course of my work to re-produce this alongside another error.
    Again, I'll update you once I have more. Thank you for the response!

codestage likes this.
  8. codestage

codestage

Thank you for all the additional details.
    Unfortunately I still couldn't reproduce it on my end in Unity 2019.4.1f.

Sure, it would help a lot, thank you!

9. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

I've gone back and re-built from the ground up. The error is not re-appearing, so seems to have been an import issue. If it crops up again or I figure out the origin will let you know.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Nathaniel

codestage likes this.
  10. conan1987

conan1987

Hi
    when i used Anticheat toolkit and try to build with IL2CPP and .net4.0 i get this error

Failed running D:\Unity 2019.2\2019.2.5f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build/UnityLinker.exe -out="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/tempStrip" -x="D:/Unity 2019.2/2019.2.5f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Whitelists/Core.xml" -x="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/../platform_native_link.xml" -x=C:/Users/Mohamed/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp6dc8a27c.tmp -x=C:/Users/Mohamed/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp3bf5ad47.tmp -x="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/TypesInScenes.xml" -x="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Assets/link.xml" -x="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Assets/Best HTTP/link.xml" -d="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/ACTk.Examples.Genuine.Runtime.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/BestHTTP.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/ACTk.Runtime.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/ACTk.Examples.Runtime.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/DOTween.dll" --include-unity-root-assembly="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Advertisements.dll" --dotnetruntime=il2cpp --dotnetprofile=unityaot --use-editor-options --include-directory="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed" --rule-set=Conservative --editor-data-file="F:/Amazing V6.0 wz Firebase/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/EditorToUnityLinkerData.json" --disable-engine-module-support --enable-engine-module-stripping --engine-stripping-flag=EnableUnityConnect --engine-stripping-flag=EnablePerformanceReporting --engine-stripping-flag=EnableAnalytics --engine-stripping-flag=EnableCrashReporting --engine-modules-asset-file="D:/Unity 2019.2/2019.2.5f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Whitelists/../modules.asset"
    stdout:
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void CodeStage.AntiCheat.Examples.ObscuredPrefsExamples::LockObscuredPrefsToDevice(CodeStage.AntiCheat.Storage.ObscuredPrefs/DeviceLockLevel)' in assembly: 'ACTk.Examples.Runtime.dll' ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve CodeStage.AntiCheat.Storage.ObscuredPrefs/DeviceLockLevel CodeStage.AntiCheat.Storage.ObscuredPrefs::lockToDevice
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.HandleUnresolvedField(FieldReference reference)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityPipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.Run()
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriverWithoutErrorHandling()
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriver()
    stderr:
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunProgram(Program, String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:126)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:71)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:RunAssemblyLinker(IEnumerable`1, String&, String&, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:222)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:StripAssembliesTo(String[], String[], String, String, String&, String&, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, IEnumerable`1, BuildTargetGroup, ManagedStrippingLevel, Boolean, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:158)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:RunAssemblyStripper(IEnumerable, String, String[], String[], String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, RuntimeClassRegistry, ManagedStrippingLevel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:358)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:StripAssemblies(String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, RuntimeClassRegistry, ManagedStrippingLevel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:246)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:326)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:63)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Any help ?

11. codestage

codestage

Hey @conan1987

Thank you for reporting this problem!
    Could you please clarify your target platform so I could reproduce and investigate this error?

For now try removing CodeStage\AntiCheatToolkit\Examples folder.

12. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Is by any chance Anti-Cheat Toolkit able to help fighting against AutoHotKey macros?

13. conan1987

conan1987

hi @codestage
    Thanks for fast reply
    the problem is when i build my project using IL2CPP and NET 4.x and codestage exist the build fails and it gives me this error , if i removed code stage the build completed successfully
    But after i removed the examples folder it works fine
    Thanks

codestage likes this.
  14. codestage

codestage

This macros tool (and plenty other similar tools) can be used in very different ways and I'm not sure it's possible to cover all of them uniformly.

More likely protection should built on top of the sensitive logic to make it resistant to any kind of clickers or automated input of other kind.

15. codestage

codestage

Thank you for letting me know, it will help with the cause investigation!

16. codestage

codestage

Hey, I've tried to reproduce this problem but it compiles just fine in 2019.4.0 LTS both for Windows and Android with IL2CPP and .NET 4.x.

I also tried 2019.2.5 and it works fine as well. Looks like you have some specific settings or environment which differs from default one.

May I ask you to send me your ProjectSettings folder zipped so I could use your settings for reproduction attempts?

17. Zeradias

Zeradias

I would love to buy this asset, if it promoted protection against lucky patcher and the like, is it possible today?

18. codestage

codestage

Hey @Zeradias,

Thank you for your interest!

ACTk has no specific LuckyPatcher-related features but it has generic code hash generator which can be used to check if your code is genuine (and can stop being genuine when tools like lucky patcher do alter your application's code).

CodeHashGenerator works on PC (Windows) and Android platforms and it requires some coding in order to be properly used. Basically it allows you to get a hash signature of your app code so you could compare it with a genuine one (preferably on a server-side) to detect app alteration.

Also it wasn't tested with lucky patcher directly yet in all possible cases so not sure it will suit your specific case.

19. modernator24

modernator24

Is this also can detect IAP hacks?

20. codestage

codestage

Hey @modernator24,

ACTk does not have IAP-specific tools yet (relevant research is planned though).

modernator24 likes this.
  21. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

Hi Codestage
    I want to know for app game.
    Do we also need an obfuscator for all codes including logic, field name etc.
    But this could introduce bugs like field mapping enum issues...
    I want to know about your view on this

Many thanks

22. codestage

codestage

Hey @DarkCooker,

I'd recommend obfuscating as much as possible names in your code while making early testing to make sure obfuscation will not break anything.

Most obfuscators are able to exclude code portions and class members from the obfuscation either automatically (e.g. skipping all serializable fields) or explicitly using specific attributes (e.g. utilizing ObfuscationAttribute).

The main goal of the names obfuscation: make it harder to reverse-engineer logic of your application.
    More obfuscated names leads to the more tough reverse-engineering process.

23. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

do you have any recommended tool or plugin for obfuscation of codes? Thanks

24. codestage

codestage

I do usually recommend Obfuscator from the Asset Store since it does aware about Unity-specific elements.

25. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

we have used the detector inside our game.
    Some gamers report that it detects cheat but in fact there is nothing cheat and likely detect wrongly.
    How come and how to fix this situation? Thanks

26. codestage

codestage

Hey @DarkCooker,

Could you please let me know more details about your case?
    - what detector causes false positives for you (ACTk has few ones)?
    - what's your ACTk version?
    - what's your Unity version and target platform?

General suggestion here - relax default sensitivity settings and try figure out any specific information which could help reproducing the problem.

Unfortunately not much can be done without issue reproduction.

27. newlife

newlife

Hello modernator24, this is a very interesting matter. Which are the IAP hacks you are talking about?

28. yomanx

yomanx

Hi friend, how yours time cheating detection works? I can’t find any docs about it and how to turn it on.

29. codestage

codestage

Hey @yomanx

Please take a look at the "Time cheating detection" and "Common detectors features and setup" readme sections

30. yomanx

yomanx

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  31. codestage

codestage

Hey @yomanx,

This link does works fine for me (actually you can use domain only since it uses headers to get datetime).

Did you tried to look at the
    Examples/API Examples/API Examples.unity scene
    and
    Examples/API Examples/Scripts/Runtime/UsageExamples/DetectorsExamples.cs script?

Could you please let me know what errors or problems you have while setting detector up?

32. yomanx

yomanx

ok, fixed, the problem was in OnTimeCheatingDetected() - in your Demo it too doesn't work through inspector.

But we found one more issue, when the player change TIME ZONES - he will not be caught by anticheat, anyway to fix it?

33. codestage

codestage

Hey this is an intended behavior since Time Zones can be changed due to the travel conditions, daylight saving and such. So in order to avoid any false positives here, TimeCheatingDetecator operates with UTC time (which is time-zone independent).

34. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

Hello,
    How i can check that my APK is signed with different key ( re-package )

35. codestage

codestage

Hey @waqas_haxhmi ,

Currently ACTk does not provides direct re-package detection but you can try using Application.genuine to validate signature and use CodeHashGenerator feature to detect your code alteration.

36. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

Thanks for your reply!
    So I just need to make CodeHashGenerator on Compile time = true?
    and then I will check in my Application its genuine or not?
    If yes then than if check can also be altred by some hacker...

37. codestage

codestage

Hey @waqas_haxhmi ,

Please take a look at the "Code obfuscation and overall code protection notes" and "Code Integrity check" readme sections to know more about both code protection and CodeHashGenerator to get the idea on how to use it in different scenarios.

38. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

Hey, @codestage I checked the documentation but it seems like it does not work for IL2Cpp apk build.
    Can you please verify what is the procedure to check the repackaging of IL2cpp apk?

39. codestage

codestage

Hey @waqas_haxhmi it should work fine with IL2CPP builds as well.

40. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

So I just tasted I did CodeHashGenerator on Compile time = true
    build an apk.
    extract assembly - > change the const variable value and then repackage and build.
    But Application.geniue is still true...

41. codestage

codestage

Ah, just realized you're talking about Android!

Unity's Application.genuine does not work on Android right now (but it will start working since 2020.2 with basic package name check implementation under the hood).

For now, I'd suggest to stick with CodeHashGenerator for code integrity checks (especially if your game uses network connection and you can check hash on the server side) and take a look at other advanced methods like google play license verification, e.g.:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/GooglePlayLicenseVerification

42. ieslam

ieslam

How do you deal with people that can bypass the anti-cheat?

"Just nop all calls that say StartRoutine or OnCheatDetected."

43. codestage

codestage

Hey @ieslam, you deal with this by using CodeHashGenerator to validate code integrity (preferably on the server-side) and protecting your build from reverse-engineering, please take a look at the "Code obfuscation and overall code protection notes" readme section for details.

Final build protection is a massive separate topic which is out from ACTk scope at the moment. There will be always skilled reverse-engineers which can dig into almost any code which you host on the client (which is available to the reverser), so protecting against them does involves pricey solutions like native protectors and complex solutions like denuvo or moving your sensitive logic to the server side. If your game starts to be interesting to such skilled guys - it's time to think about getting something more robust and expensive.

Crossway and ieslam like this.
  44. Crossway

Crossway

Can I protect my game hierarchy? For example can anybody extract my game camera?

45. codestage

codestage

Hey @Crossway,

Not sure I got your question correctly. Could you please elaborate on this, on sensitive data you care about and, perhaps, show some examples of such cheat technique?

46. AKComp

AKComp

Hey,

Using for detecting speedhack. It is works on editor (Cheat Engine) but not works on android. Players can hack game using 8x speed sandbox. We sended you a support ticket.

Please help us as soon as possible.

Thanks.

47. codestage

codestage

Hey Alptuğrul, please take a look at your email inbox, I've sent a reply to the support ticket 2 hours ago. Please also check your spam folder just in case and let me know if you can't find it.

48. AKComp

AKComp

Uh sorry, It is in spam folder :)

I will try TimeCheatingDetector and will give a feedback.

codestage likes this.
  49. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Hi, how does the server validate the client's code has in this case? Does the client have to send the code hash to the server? In that case, can't the client be edited to send the hash of an unmodified client?

50. codestage

codestage

Yes, client have to send current hash and for sure it still can be altered as anything on a client side so make sure you are sending it in a secure enough way to make at as harder as possible to figure out correct hash and to modify it.