Search Unity

Anti-Aliasing Nothing is being applied on camera

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Unlimited_Energy, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

FXAA, TAA and setting the cameras Anti_aliasing to nothing looks identical. Am I missing something that needs to be enabled besides anti-alasing on the main camera? even changing to forward rendering and enabling 8x smaa is not changing anything. it looks identical to setting anti alasing to none.

The manual is a disgusting mess of garbage when it comes to HDRP and locating quality settings. There is virtually NOTHING ANYWHERE that discusses how to get to the quality settings. Only information online says if you find the LWRP asset and click on it you can locate the quality settings and adjust Anti aliasing from there which seems to be the only thing that has worked for people. What about HDRP? is it different? It must be since the option is missing. No information as to why the main camera has adjustable Anti aliasing ability on it. No information on why changing it may not apply to your game. One would assume that under the anti-alasing information in the unity manual it would mention why there is adjustable option on the main camera.....

The manual says in deffered rendering path anti aliasing is not available and to use image processing effects. Clicked the link and it brought me to ANOTHER page that goes on to say that the editors quality settings window has these options....well guess what? ITS NOT THERE IN HDRP! why is there such a lack of information on HDRP from unity? Ever since I upgraded to HDRP ive spent weekend after weekend searching for missing information from unity.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

After updating unity to 2019.3.7 and updating the HDRP package from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 I know have anti alasing applied BUT ITS NOT ADJUSTABLE FROM THE CAMERA. I cant even turn it off now. Dear god, this entire process is a mess.