Search Unity

Anti aliasing in the Quest?

Discussion in 'VR' started by magglemitch, Apr 17, 2020.

1. magglemitch

magglemitch

I’m trying to build some UI for my app using the Oculus Quest, and I’m having trouble setting the anti aliasing to make the UI look nice and the text readable.

the oculus home has nice looking text that is smooth and readable but I can’t seem to get anything close.

Anyone had any experience getting good AA for their UI?

2. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Works fine out of the box for me.

The only issue I've had is that needing to remember the poor design of UnityUI :), and the way it bizarrely handles resolutions (it shipped with a broken implementation of WorldCanvas, and some of the "features" never got fixed, with the official advice "dont use worldcanvas, use overlay" - which they got away with until VR came along). The main one I've had to do is make a sufficiently huge Canvas, and then downscale it massively in world space.

3. CGPepper

CGPepper

I am using text mesh pro, world canvas and 4x default anti aliasing. Looks great. Though my text is fairly large

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The font with TextMeshPro from package manager is rendered using SDF techniques and this is the best way to render text etc with VR. Anything else won't work well. You do not need a high resolution atlas either and it will generate them for you.

You don't need to do anything crazy.