Search Unity

Feature Request Anti-aliasing for sceneview?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by mailfromthewilds, Nov 23, 2022.

1. mailfromthewilds

mailfromthewilds

Using Unity 2022 with URP and scene view is hella ugly sometimes its hard to tell whats there, but the real reason im writing this thread is below.

it has no anti aliasing and maybe even the quality is lower than the one in project settings though the latter is just a guess. I tried many workarounds but they didnt help.

Are there plans to add AA/increase quality of scene view?

Im currently writing a system that lets you design/generate things according to data you insert in inspector in realtime, in scene view. But the quality is so low im unable to tell if it looks bad or good, which completely strips my system of its purpose. I know i can create separate scene for this and use playmode to have better quality but its way less straight forward as I'd always need to enter the playmode for it.

2. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

I asked this on Dev Blitz Day but seems that the priority isn't very high. (might because BIRP also does not have scene view AA)

I suggest that anyone who is looking for this submit an idea on roadmap to raise up the priority of adding it.