Search Unity

Another Try with Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by josephsaade, Dec 26, 2019.

1. josephsaade

josephsaade

I have tried cloud build before and it used to crash just trying to build a new empty project.
    Trying to build iOS now, I thought hey maybe this feature has been fixed but it crashes on weird errors.

Locally I can build with 2019.1 and 2019.2 and xCode 10.1 or any

On Cloud build I can only build if the version match (Package errors if I push code with Unity 2019.2 and Try to build with Other version on Unity cloud :/ )

Anyways, even when unity editor version matches, I get these weird errors:

error: unexpected service error: The Xcode build system has crashed. Please close and reopen your workspace.

There are no description of the error in any log (including full xcode log).

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey @josephsaade,

In my experience, it is best practice to use the exact Unity version in Cloud Build as is used with local development. Cloud Build clones the configured repository, opens the project in batch mode and runs a build without making any changes to the Project (unless explicitly configured to do so).

If you are unable to reproduce this behaviour on a local Mac, please report this as a support ticket via the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard so we can profile a build, take a look at your build logs and troubleshoot further.

Hope this helps!