Search Unity

Another scary maze game. 75 % done

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Jerementor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Jerementor

Jerementor

Probably should have uploaded a better quality version but you get the point.

Maze game with no name...it could be really scary if I finish it with AI and the other sound effects. I did spend about three weeks on it on and off, gathering my friends resources and teaching myself more and more code along the way.

It turned out alright I think but it's not finished - let me know if you think I should finish it!

2. runner

runner

The only person who can answer the question "should i finish it", Is you!. And as for flaws that is part of the curriculum in game development. I would suggest that you continue and at some point in development you may gain insight to progress further but don't be afraid to drop this one.

The fact that you are here in the forums and posting a early trailer speaks volumes but it's a arduous journey that road.

..uhm if it help's i got 1 shelved and working on one.

3. Jerementor

Jerementor

haha yeah I really messed up with the video quality. It actually looks nicer in the game so HERE IT IS :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?bp8u4w1k1m0u5dl

This is it at its current stage. I may work on it if I get bored sometime this week but I am going to work on a new game that I have more interest in.

4. Alex76

Alex76

Nice idea to do scary prank in unity, I would never thought of that. Maze looks good, atmosphere resembles to Slender man games ...Maybe it's too dark... I mean the idea is to get player relaxed and focused, but not to tense, so he or she does not suspect anything before Boogeyman shows up..
    Anyways, I might be interested in sponsoring a game like this, if you're interested you can contact me. this is my scary pranks page I would use the game for...

All in all loos very promising.

5. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I think for 3 weeks it is a nice project and good work!
    But:
    I watched the video and at the current state there doesnt seem to happen a lot? You just walk trough the maze and collect a key - pretty boring - i dont think this game is 75% done at all!

If you want to earn money with that game i actually would not finish it and spend your time and energy in a differnet project or make some new features so that the game isnt just a walking simulator in a rather not sooo beautiful environment. The chances are - in my opinion - very low to make money with just "another" scary maze game.

But when it is your hobby and you want prove to yourself that you can finish it - go for it!
    By spending a A LOT of more time you can actually make it better and scarier with features that make it interesting to play.