Search Unity

annoying terrain BUGS or just bad design

Discussion in 'World Building' started by zeropointblack, Jan 21, 2021.

1. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

using new terrain tools. cant remember if it happened before, probably did.

1. every time i click away OFF of terrain and back to terrain to paint terrain height etc., it keeps RESWITCHING back to an old previously used brush from HOURS ago.... WHY? is it glitching back to the stamp i used? its annoying! every time i go to repaint something i have to remember it DOESNT remember my last used brush, and then fumble around changing it again.

2. whats the point in having the keyboard shortcuts like shift for SMOOTH if it doesnt do anything? everyone knows the default smooth functionality (if u can call it that) is completely worthless, (unless you crank the pixel radius blur in the new terrain tools), so WHY when i press shift is it NOT USING the settings i have in the SMOOTH section? what is it referencing that is SO utterly worthless and time wasting? is it using ONE pixel radius and ONE strength?! i cant even see any difference when i use it! so instead of just pressing shift, i have to click through settings menus in the terrain back and forth 100 times to make a simple plot of land look smoother? dont you see how RIDICULOUS that is? if youre going to have a shortcut, properly use the thing, or DONT HAVE ONE AT ALL. right?

i realize these tools are not finished yet, but this is easy and should have been included or dealt with ages ago. please fix them. thank you.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021