Search Unity

Annoying prefab behaviour

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by TooManySugar, Nov 2, 2018.

1. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Drag ui prefab into scene

Add new stuff
    Change order in yerarchy---> warning message appears.

In previous versions I could operate with prefabs with less annoyance,

upload_2018-11-2_13-21-29.png

2. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Further, if I do hit open prefab, the change I was making is not present ... WTH...

3. Flavelius

Flavelius

It would be nice if changes in the hierarchy could be overrides too.

4. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I made the internal exercise of accepting that I was not going to be able to modify prefabs in bulk from project folder but this is too much.

5. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

k, more madness.

In beta1 I did foresee that this was gonna happen, a dev posted that this was as "apply all" from the curretn unity... yeah sure...

first of all simply drag an dropping, if I need to apply changes to prefab, without having changed a thing I've to drop down and I've this list.
    upload_2018-11-3_2-4-54.png

so practical..

But the REAL issue is that the Photon Views are being messed up.

upload_2018-11-3_2-6-2.png

6. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I tried to open the 2018.3 project in unity 2018.2 and the prefabs are totally ***** up.

upload_2018-11-3_14-56-57.png

Even teh yerarchy is totally glitched.

Doing g so also messed upt the package manager, that it dissapeare, had to reset packages and reimport the post proces v2

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  7. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Opening same glitched project into beta 7 shw prefabs back in place
    upload_2018-11-3_15-19-27.png

notices also the need of unity of adding an animator to everything even if its unneeded....

I didnt open in beta8 cause I need to try if applying all breaks the photon views here too

8. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

switching back to unity 2018.2 restoring a backup.
    2018.3 has really messed up prefab management.
    Just in case I've not left clear enought, the new prefab approach is dissapointing.
    The rest of the release is amazing, but the prefabs have ended up being a deal breaker.

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

A bug report + repro for the bugs would be amazing. Your feedback regarding the workflow changes has been noted by the team.

10. OZAV

OZAV

With unity from version 1, and paying thousands on the asset store, and helping to overwatch the community for years by now, but this ? This new prefab "workflow system" is the unthinkable backstab, and does not work. This should be voted out ASAP, and old direct-prefab-access system restored. The community does not have 1000's of our extra hours to put up with anyone's lack of sense as to what community really needs. The ease of use, that community deserves (and needs) must be restored ASAP, and (always) respected and protected, from the harmful and useless changes like this one, thanks.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019