Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved [Annoyance] "Copy component" greyed out in play mode

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Deleted User, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I like to refine my components settings in play mode so that I can see how they work out. Up to now, doing this was not a problem since we could use "Copy component" in the component menu and then paste the new values once out of play mode.

Well, this is no longer possible and I really wonder why. Why did you remove such a useful feature? Is it a bug or something you really wanted to do? Could you put it back, please?

On the other hand, why would we move a component down in play mode? Resetting it or removing it, I can see but moving it down? :)

Capture d’écran_2021-06-12_12-34-52.jpg

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Okay, my bad, apparently, it was greyed out because several game objects were selected; "Copy component" is not greyed out when only one game object is selected.

But since this thread is created, what about making this menu active if all the values in the selected objects are the same? :)

3. adamgolden

adamgolden

Then you might also appreciate this tip.. during Play Mode you can grab any GameObject in your Scene Hierarchy and drag it to Project - you'll then have a prefab with all the same component properties and children that it had during Play Mode when you dragged it there :D