Search Unity

Announcing Unity Cloud Build v1.0!

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by hypeNate, Mar 3, 2015.

1. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Yes, absolutely, the size requires the Enterprise tier, you can contact Reina directly, she is happy to advice you on the options you have. AssetBundles do not work out of the box, it is possible to build them and upload them with custom script to external servers, but we do not provide this solution right now, although we look into ways to make this easily possible, there are some threads in the forum which handle the AssetBundle generation approaches already. :)

2. nastasache

nastasache

Thanks, David.
    I have contacted Reina.

3. ev3d

ev3d

yea, this won't be of any use to me either since my project is 6 gig.. Not worth paying for enterprise.. seems you guys are out of touch with just how big a "normal" game project is...

4. tswalk

tswalk

I've got a couple questions...

* I use an internal perforce server... but does this mean I will not be able to use it with Cloud Build since I've only got the Pro license? (if so, that needs to change :( )

* Since having only recently started using Unity 5, I never bothered to check the status of my Cloud Build account... has it been 12 months already since Unity 5 release? Cause the portal shows me as having just a free account (or do I just need to activate the pro to get the pro 12 month benefits?)

* Step 5 here: https://build-beta.cloud.unity3d.com/support/guides/ios/
    is a bit contrary to what is said in Step 3... (Distribution > Ad Hoc or Production > Ad Hoc)?? which is it you recommend?

5. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

1.) Since Unite all features are also available in free/pro, so perforce is also available there! See here for details.

2.) As soon as you activate Unity Cloud Build with your Pro License it runs. If you did not do this before, you still have your 12 months until you activate it.

3.) You need a Production > App Store and Ad Hoc Certificate and a Distribution > Ad Hoc Mobileprovision profile if you want to use Ad Hoc Distribution but you can use other combination e.g. for Development rather then distribution.

Hope that clarifies things if not, let us know! :)

tswalk likes this.
  6. tswalk

tswalk

awesome... point #3 still confuses me, but once I get in there and make a few i'm sure it will make sense... thanks for the quick feedback!

David-Berger likes this.
  7. tswalk

tswalk

ya, it made a lot more sense 'actually' going through it and provisioning a device :D

David-Berger likes this.
  8. Kiori

Kiori

You guys could have developed the tools but outsourced the service to real cloud companies like Google, Amazon and MS. They can offer cheaper, more reliable products as part of their packages, and take the headache away from UT.
    The storage limit will always be a problem.

9. tswalk

tswalk

have you done some estimates for storage on those services?... it isn't exactly cheap.

10. Pix10

Pix10

@Kiori

IIRC Cloud Build runs on, or at some stages uses, Amazon services.

11. Aram-Azhari

Aram-Azhari

Is there any change log for the cloud build updates?

12. Mani Singh

Mani Singh

Well I had no clue what to do with the cloud. repo and git shift me uses it but have no clue what is going on. so i am plan to just do it on mac

13. Simon_says

Simon_says

I have bought Unity Pro 5 few months ago, and yesterday I started using the UCB, but for my subscription it says that I'm using a Free Plan, shouldn't it be Pro Plan for 12 months? I checked my Subscriptions on the Cloud, but it says "No subscriptions found.".

14. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Simon_says likes this.
  15. fafase

fafase

Old thread but well.

I am giving UCB a try, I have the free plan with Unity Indie, no pro as this is all personal. I filled all the slots during account creation process, looked at the tutorial about it but I am only getting pending builds (mobile platform). It does not say anything else.

My folder should not exceed 1GB as it is about 100MB on computer (I would assume it does not get tenfold bigger).

I tried canceling and restarting but nothing moves.

Is it coming up later on and I should just wait or am I missing something? Is it buggy at the moment?

Cheers

EDIT: So I received the build some times in the night. So it all works fine and is surely a great tool (I have yet to try it all).

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  16. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

I have just watched the Unite Europe keynote. You guys rock. No max repo size. This is huge. Really good decision and highly appreciated. Will try that immediately out for my next project I have queued up to start next week.

17. fafase

fafase

I can share the link to a build, but is it possible to add email address so users can be notified of a new build with the link.

At the moment, team members receive notifications but they have Unity account, now for people that do not have any, how can I make it automatic that they get the new build aka share link?

I am thinking QA testers for instance, I don't want them to be added to the group, I just want them to be notified of a new version and get the link.

18. ladyonthemoon

ladyonthemoon

How do I quit Cloud Build?

19. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

20. ladyonthemoon

ladyonthemoon

David-Berger likes this.
  21. ababab5

ababab5

Hi all,

@David-Berger How to add an SDK like the Admob SDK to Unity Cloud Build for an iOS project? (I usually add myself - as requested by Google - to my XCode Project directly by a drag and drop).

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  22. Aram-Azhari

Aram-Azhari

@David-Berger Adding Unity 5.3.6 to the cloud would be highly appreciated.

23. ladyonthemoon

ladyonthemoon

@hypeNate I've sent the email as required but nothing happened. Furthermore, my new projects are automatically added when I save them to git and I can only archive them. How is it that we cannot delete our projects and shut down cloud build by ourselves? To whom should I report this?

Please delete my subscription to Cloud build!

Also, how do we quit here? How do we delete our account?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

All right, I created a new account. Now how can I have my old account removed?

25. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

We're an indie online game (but extremely low-scoped). Our package size is 8gb :) it's so big it even corrupts Unity bug reports! Honestly a lot of it is it just music that we haven't decided on and a lot of extra assets that we may or may not use. Once we're closer to release, it'll be more like 4gb - if we scrap all the "potentially use for future" stuff too ;D