Search Unity

Official Announcing Code Corner!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JamesB, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesB

JamesB

Unity Technologies

Unity's Online User Group is working on a new segment: Code Corner. In this segment we will do our best to answer questions posed by you! The sort of questions we are hoping to help you with are about understanding code, code concepts, and The Unity Way of approaching code. Have you always wondered what Object Oriented Programming is but can't find a concise answer? What about the reason why whenever you change things when your game is running, they change back when you exit play mode? Do you want to know how you can get polymorphic serialization for your scene scripts? Your questions don't have to be advanced and they don't have to be easy, they just need to be something you want to know.

https://ole.unity.com/codecornerquestions

Please note that questions which can be answered by the documentation are probably best answered there, and questions which required a massive amount of code will be difficult answer in the short amount of time the segment will have.

2. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Fantastic!
    When you submit the question, there is a message:
    Your response has been recorded.
    Edit your response
    Submit another response
    But are actually questions not answer so it confuses me at first impression.
    Is it possible to change it to, Edit your question? or is a google thing?

Also, what is the difference between this Code Corner and Unity Questions?
    https://answers.unity.com/question

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. JamesB

JamesB

Unity Technologies

@AlanMattano Hello there, those are the defaults from Google forms. It might be possible to change them but I couldn't see an option to do it - I'm very new to Google forms. Hopefully it won't confuse too many people.

To everyone who has responded so far, thank you so much. We've had a lot of questions about various facets of OOP so we will be covering that in one of the segments but please keep your questions coming! The more the merrier!

AlanMattano likes this.
  4. Baste

Baste

What is the Online User Group? I can't find anything about it on the forums, and googling only brings up this, which isn't informative.

Is it a Connect thing?

JoeStrout and AlanMattano like this.
  5. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

English isn't my native tongue. I'm reading a lot of not good English and by the way I get infected :p
    There will be a correction as is done in stackoverflow ? please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.