Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Announced] Self Hosted Chat For Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Novack, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Novack

Novack

Working on a chat project for Unity where the server can be deployed on your Google Drive. Its on a quite advanced stage, I think Im gonna have more news soon.

upload_2019-3-13_14-9-15.png
    Full demo/example Im planning to include.
    Is already functional, Im working on polishing, tweaks and some extra features.

The next step is to work on scalability: right now each deployment can hold up to 30 simultaneous connections (total concurrent users would be more than that, but I still want to keep 30 as hard reference). My plan is to have multiple server deployments that connect to the same data, but I need to do some more R&D and more tests on concurrency.

The idea is to have a quick, simple and self hosted chat solution for game protoypes, and maybe final games as well.

I'll try to keep news updated through Twitter.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. DADA_universe

DADA_universe

Super interested in this, any chance of getting early access?

Novack likes this.
  3. Novack

Novack

Hey @DADA_universe thanks a lot for the interest.

Since then I started working on a new dayjob contract and time has been really scarce. For now is on pause, but still is first on queue, so at some point...

4. DADA_universe

DADA_universe

I understand perfectly, looking forward to when you're eventually able to pull it through.

unityunity