Search Unity

Annoing but not critical bug

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by elettrozero, May 4, 2017.

1. elettrozero

elettrozero

Every time I launch the editor these lines appear in Console (only once) as errors:

Unity extensions are not yet initialized, so we cannot say if the 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Advertisements/UnityEngine.Advertisements.dll' is compatible with platform WindowsStoreApps

Unity extensions are not yet initialized, so we cannot say if the 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/UnityEngine.UI.dll' is compatible with platform WindowsStoreApps

[...]

There are 702 of them so I'm only pasting a couple of them as an example.

sidi_samsung likes this.
  2. elettrozero

elettrozero

Up

Attached Files:

3. renesliver

renesliver

I'm seeing this behavior as well

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

elettrozero likes this.
  5. elettrozero

elettrozero

Up, vote for this bug to be fixed!! ;)

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Tautvydas-Zilys the link you posted (ok, a year old) was closed as not reproducible, but another case was opened by @Dmitriy-Yukhanov with case number 1050190. I cannot find it to check the status.
    I really don't know why there's hidden bug reports anyway. From what I know, they would be the only possibility to know in which version the bug was fixed, or if it was fixed even, am I right?
    Could you give me a quick info about the bugs status, please?

7. delphinius81

delphinius81

Encountered this bug myself as well. Doesn't block me, but it's annoying to open a project to 100s of errors. :)

8. unity_VAfwBEs32IOz_w

unity_VAfwBEs32IOz_w

Same there, just upgrade to 2018 and can't get a single project work. There is few error, one of them is this one. Other is at compilation time (for an HoloLens), where VS can't find Unity Player 'cause the build did not include it and several other dependency at build-time (because... ??? No logic at all), and so utterly failed to run.

9. kwcae

kwcae

@unity_VAfwBEs32IOz_w Have you had any luck? We're just getting into HoloLens as our site and would love to know if there's a workaround before we hit the same snag.

10. ph2k

ph2k

Still getting this error when opening 100s of them. its mostly just annoying. Also annoying the issue was closed?

11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It was closed because we couldn't reproduce it anymore. If you can, please report another bug with a repro project included so we could fix it once and for all.

12. coder89

coder89

I got the exact same problem after upgrading my project from 2018.1.9 to 2018.2.13 just now. Repros 100% on every project reopening. During auto-upgrade I got a warning about missing metadata and I suspect this could be an issue. Also project.dependencies file used to be empty and now it contains list of dependencies (interestingly all of those dependencies are causing those startup errors).

Anyhow, I solved that by removing "Library" folder and reopening the project. Now Unity does not complain anymore.

13. nonemec

nonemec

I have the same problem working on a project with the HoloLens.
    The problem does indeed temporarily disappear when deleting the Library folder. However, that is only because the Build Settings are lost. As soon as I switch the Platform back to Universal Windows Platform in Build Settings, save project, close Unity Editor and reopen the project, the annoying error messages reappear. Maybe that helps in reproducing? Let me know if you need more info.

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That doesn't really help, unfortunately. We need a project that reproduces this.

15. remiC3D

remiC3D

Hello, I'm currently having this issue on Unity 2018.2.10f1, on Universal Windows Platform. Do you still need a project that reproduces it?

16. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yes! Please submit a bug report with it attached.