Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Annimated Objects and Collision or "When elephants meet"

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Drake4, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Drake4

Drake4

Guys,

I need you help. Maybe this is the dumbest question ever asked and I just got brain freeze but I can't figure out a way to do the following:

I just bought myself an nice elephant model. It is also nicely animated. So when walking the elephant will move its trunk nicely from left to right and back. Awesome.
    So when the elefant is approaching a slope, an rock, another elephant or any other game object which should be solid. The trunk will move through the object. I dont want this. I want the trunk to collide with the object.

What I tired so far:
    - I used a mesh collider on the whole elefant. Big fail because mesh collider does not follow animation.
    - I added sphere colliders to the bones of the trunk. Now this follows annimation but still passes through the rock or terrain.
    - I fiddled around with rigid-body
    - Adding it to elephant (elphant will fly away due to the impulse when collider with ground, independent of mass selected)
    - to the trunk only (rest of the elephant will be wiggled around the trunk, take off and fly)

Anybody having an Idea how I get to make two elephants meet with a nice collision?

Help is appreciated!