Search Unity

Games Annihilate The Spance - Space RTS

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Aleksander_Wit, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Aleksander_Wit

Aleksander_Wit

Annihilate The Spance as a space RTS two of my friends and me have been working on for roughly 5 months by now. The game is centered around strategy and managing your base correctly, since units attack mostly independently on their own. This is our first game and we are hoping to make the best out of it!

Steam summary
    "Real-time strategic base builder. Construct autonomous bases deep in the battlescape of the Spance and wage war with fleets of vessels bristling with armaments. Command three factions with different doctrines, seeking the rich core of this place, to build an armada unmatched in all of history."

We are going for a sort of low-poly style, with little in terms of textures.

YouTube game unveil

GIF
    https://media.giphy.com/media/9R9LhokowkJOLd3EFh/giphy.gif

With the Unity DOTS system we hope to achieve massive scale at decent performance.

Feature List
    - Base building in a 2D plane.
    - Autonomous ship AI, no direct control.
    - Enemy base AI at a playable level.
    - Hitscan laser and missile weapons.
    - Forceful explosion shockwaves.
    - Physics-based movement.
    - 2 properly playable factions.

Roadmap
    - Extensive campaign with 4 parts.
    - Capable AI able to be an adversary.
    - Explosions, cannons, heat mechanics, phase mechanics and energy shields.
    - Raycast and fully functional damage dealing for all weaponry.
    - 1 more major playable faction, forming three.
    - 1+ unplayable factions.

Feedback is appreciated on any aspect of our game, as well as any suggestions or questions. The topmost screenshot is currently the most up-to date.

More Info
    Official Space Talk Games Discord server: https://discord.gg/D5DqQRuJCB
    Steam store page (Unreleased): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1706360/Annihilate_The_Spance/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    DreamingImLatios likes this.
  2. PiscesStudios

PiscesStudios

So this is like one of those games where you build your base and build your units. Then your units go out a fight on their own almost like a tug of war, but more pushing. Am I right?

oh and BTW the screen shots look great.

3. Redux

Redux

This looks really neat, imho.

4. Aleksander_Wit

Aleksander_Wit

Thank you! Yes. this is one of those games. It is still an RTS to a degree though, as we will have staging posts and you will have to make sure to use the right forces and base layout. If you wish to look at a similar game that inspired this one you could look at the "Obliterate Everything" series.

5. Aleksander_Wit

Aleksander_Wit

Thank you! I appreciate it!

6. Aleksander_Wit

Aleksander_Wit

This was a long time since last update here but I have now added the first YouTube video on the game to the original post. It should contain a lot of relevant information and show some early gameplay.