Search Unity

AniSprite - a simple sprite animation editor (free unity asset tool)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by immersiveGamer, Mar 16, 2015.

1. immersiveGamer

immersiveGamer

AniSprite - Soon To Be Released

AniSprite is a free sprite animation tool that takes a more traditional approach to doing 2D animations with sprite sheets and frames. Take Unity's multi-sprite function and add them to AniSprite and instantly make animations. Once loaded and the chosen frames set press play and watch your sprite animate. Along with setting up simple animations there are other easy features to get animations set up without spending all that effort!

Some features include:​
    • A visual and color coded editor.
    • Save and load animation clips and call them from scripts by name.
    • Use intuitive animation controls like Play, SetFrame, StepForward, and Stop.
    • Separate saves into groups.
    • Use the extension component AniStitch to create complex sequences.
    • Use the extension component AniPatternLoader to define how to load new sprite sheets and to swap animations! (feature suggested by reddit user iamallamaa)
    Check out some of the links bellow. If there are any features that people would like to see please comment and let me know! For updates on release progress and more follow on Twitter @immersivegamer

Again AniSprite will be released as free tool to use by all. you support is much appreciated!

Documentation
    >> Google Doc link <<
    >> PDF Doc download <<
    >> HTML Doc link version <<

Demonstration

Editor Interface

Examples

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    AndyGFX and EliasMasche like this.
  2. immersiveGamer

immersiveGamer

Submission to the asset store! Since that will take a while you can go ahead and download it from right here. However just note that though this link maybe be updated durring the week after AniSprite is on the asset store I will not be updating it. So here it is AniSprite_Tool Unitypackage

I will be making a video about the pattern loader for swapping sprite sheets and adding it to the documentation later this week (writing up the code is always easy but making it user friendly via documentaion is not). Ejnoy everyone. Please leave feedback and share with anyone else you think might like this tool. And as a reminder your suggestions will shape future features just like iamallamaa did over on Reddit.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. awesomedata

awesomedata

Is there any way to access the animations easily from the Unity state machine / animation controller in Unity 5 or via something like Playmaker also?

I'd personally prefer to change animations based on game state (such as through Playmaker) rather than through code directly.

Am I missing how to go about this?

4. Charlio86

Charlio86

Thanks for this!