Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Anisotropy with Lit Shader - Tangent map not working

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by dpotuznik, Nov 12, 2018.

1. dpotuznik

dpotuznik

Hi ,

i try to achieve an anisotropic shader like on the bottom right of the image ( preview of the shader)

if y look on the preview it's workfine but when i look on the game view is broken.
    i try to change the Anisotropy -> "Tangent Map" he do nothing on scene and game view but work well on preview.

i am missing something ? i need to activate the anisotropic shader somewhere ?
    i use (unity 2018.2.15f1)

thank you very much for your help
    Best regards
    Daniel

bug_unity.JPG

here the map if someone want to test.

AnisoDirection2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. dpotuznik

dpotuznik

3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The artifact you see are due to the compression in the GBuffer, currently we haven't better compression algorithm for the number of bit use, if you want no compression you need to move to forward.

4. Josh-0

Josh-0

I've been trying to get this to work as well, but I'm not sure about a couple of things. I downloaded an update to the render pipeline through the package manager, and now it seems to be working. Before, it wasn't working at all. But, I'm not entirely sure how the tangents maps work. It seems to only want green and red channels. Is there documentation somewhere that better explains tangent maps for the lit shader? I'm trying to use it for hair to get that Overwatch look.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  5. Dr-Game

Dr-Game

HI~How can I make a Vertical AnisoDir map?? I want to use for hair