Search Unity

Question AnimatorController YAML - Extraneous AnimatorStateTransitions

Discussion in 'Animation' started by lcompton, Dec 9, 2023.

1. lcompton

lcompton

I have an AnimatorControl that's a copy of another one. The original states and transitions have been deleted, but I kept the layers and parameters (which was why it was created it via copying). I've been seeing errors like the following...

Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/Prefabs/Spawnables/Characters/Critter/Animation/CritterAnimatorController.controller). Local file identifier (5155392382958001556) doesn't exist!

I took a look at the YAML and discovered there are a bunch of AnimatorStateTransitions that should have been deleted but are still present in the file. The file ID reference is indeed referring to a nonexistent file.

So, how do I get rid of these stragglers? Obviously, I could hand edit the file, but I'd prefer to have the editor clean up the file for me.

2. lcompton

lcompton

Nobody else has seen this?

3. maxjohnsonplaystudios

maxjohnsonplaystudios

Same. Only way I found was to open the .controller file in a text editor, find the broken file ID references, and delete each broken node manually.

You *can* do a find-replace on "m_ObjectHideFlags: 1" to "m_ObjectHideFlags: 0" and it will show you all of the sub-nodes present in the project tab asset view... but you still can't directly edit them there.

lcompton likes this.
  4. lcompton

lcompton

Thanks! That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I'm going to file a bug report about this, although I really don't know how the file got in this state in the first place. I don't think I'll be able to reproduce the problem starting with a brand new AnimatorController.