Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animator Window not populating / Collab issue? (with video)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by d12duke, May 1, 2019.

1. d12duke

d12duke

Good afternoon!

Currently a friend and I are using Collab and every once in a while the Animator tab will go blank. After he uploads again, and I redownload it, it will repopulate properly. The whacked part is, the animations still work as if they're there but they aren't displaying in the animator tab.

Is this a known issue with Collab? Should we try the beta version?

(Edit, i just tried closing it and opening it multiple times, now a New "base" has been created but my non-combat / combat layers act as if they're still there)... This is confusing me haha.

2. d12duke

d12duke

Here's a video... Maybe I'm just having a stroke and not seeing something... But this was always populated before..

3. d12duke

d12duke

Well this is unfortunate. I suppose we'll have to use github as a source control. Minus the fact that the "checking for changes" thing was annoying, the idea is super convenient.

4. d12duke

d12duke

AH HAH! I FIGURED IT THE F*** OUT!

Okay, this was mind boggling and I put my head into the "collab" .... I had animations that were different that "I" uploaded to Collab... He had other animations that He was uploading... The two got intermixed by me having a SAME NAME idle animation but modified by me in Maya... We had to go back like 9 revisions but we figured it out.

So NOTE! If you're using Collab and you change an animation!! Make sure you either send them the file manually or you change the name of the animation.

5. d12duke

d12duke

With that said, we're going to try the beta of the new collab. I hope it's faster lol.