Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Animator.SetLookAtPosition

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by RuinsOfFeyrin, Feb 12, 2015.

1. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hello-

Not sure where else to put this, hope this is the right spot.

It would be nice if the documentation for Animator.SetLookAtPosition noted that this was a Pro only feature. I spent a good 30 minutes messing around with stuff trying different things to get it to work, tried playing with SetLookAtWeight and all sorts of non-sense to end up having to search around for why it wasn't working figuring i was doing something wrong. Finally I came across someone else having a similar issue on Unity Answers and found the answer in the comments (wasn't even the accepted answer).

The page is: http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Animator.SetLookAtPosition.html

It also couldn't hurt to mention is on the page for SetLookAtWeight as well.

Cant see this taking someone more then a few minutes to add to the documentation, and certainly less time then the hour I wasted all together between trying things, searching, and writing this post.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Will sort it for 5.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.