Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Animator random delay when using Triggers

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Reeley, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Reeley

Reeley

Im using a trigger to transition form one into another state. The problem im having is that the state switch has some random delay and is not instantly triggered, when the trigger is set.

Here is a quick video of the behaviour, you can see the transition settings on the right.

If i uncheck the exit time the state will change instantly, but the grab animation should always play till the end. Also if the trigger is set before the animation is played to the end, the state will change instantly.
    If the trigger is set after the animation reaches its end there is this random delay. It looks like the animator doesnt inform the transition about the updated trigger.

2. vargata

vargata

I see this is an old issue, I revive it because it clearly persists. I have the same problem with the transition between 2 very simple animations. If I remove exit time, one can be interrupted with the other, if i set exit time, after one animation ended, when I try to trigger the other one, there is a 1-3 seconds random delay... if I set the trigger during one animation then the transition is instant and there is no delay, only if i let it end

btw, if you still read this, have you found any solutions?

Last edited: May 2, 2021 at 4:44 PM
  3. vargata

vargata

Interesting... Nobody every uses animations that have to run to its end before the next transition can be activated? This is a 10 years old issue persisting, I thought there might be a simple solution I just can't find

unityunity