Search Unity

Animator, Parameter does not exists bugg?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Eqric, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Elonka

Elonka

I'm pulling my hair out on this one, and my main question to everyone is, "What did you finally have to do as a workaround?" At this point I'm less concerned about elegant code, and more I just want to get things working, even if it's a kludge, just so I can move on to other projects...

Things I've tried so far:

* Closing the Animator tab and restarting Unity (2019.4.18f1)
    * Rebuilding
    * Changing the way I access the Animator (like instead of via a variable, put GetComponent<Animator>() right in the line of code)
    * Opening up the animator file in a text editor and looking to see if there were any garbage characters
    * Trying different types of parameters (float instead of boolean)
    * Adding other parameters (none of which work either)
    * Renaming the parameter
    * Deleting and re-creating the parameter

I'm certain it's not an uppercase/lowercase issue because at this point I'm just using the param name of "Rutabaga".

I've quadruple**n - checked and I'm certain
    * That I'm in the right script
    * That I'm in the right Animator

Do I just need to give up on the idea of using a parameter? Like do I need to use entirely different animators for each different state? Or, what's the workaround?

2. gblekk

gblekk

Same, tried all these things. I'm using 2020.2.6. Older Parameters work but Unity can't seem to see new ones.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure, but it might also be ignoring parameters that do otherwise exist. Occasionally my jump animation will go off for no reason.

3. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

I am genuinely not sure what to suggest for you to debug this. Parameters definitely do work on the Animator, we have had some extremely sophisticated animator controllers in our various projects, on one project even the character capabilities were set on a per-animator state basis, with parameters controlling flow. All I could possibly say is, could you repro this in a minimal project and post it here?

4. stefanmandic

stefanmandic

I Found solution for fixing this bug! just go to animator tab click on parameters on left and click plus and type parameter that you need and watch out for capital letters.

5. Zacccharv

Zacccharv

If you copy and paste the parameter it screws it up. When you create the parameter type it manually. Don't know why that's how it works, but that's how it works.

6. dragonage47

dragonage47

Any fix on this one? It's 2023!

7. D_avid19

D_avid19

Either the solution is that you close the animator window and restart Unity or you didn´t attach the animator controller to your GameObject.

8. Hellwaiker

Hellwaiker

My problem was I was using addressables and I had my playmode addressable group script set to use built addressables

9. Durium

Durium

Sorry this bug still exists :( could it be that we have several animators being child of same object?