Search Unity

Bug Animator Override Controller Not detecting transitions

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ArtSkott, May 18, 2023.

1. ArtSkott

ArtSkott

I'm working on a 2d character customization system and AnimatorOverrideControllers seemed to be the answer to what I wanted to do.

I have an animator controller for the player with a few different layers for things like Idle, Movement, InCombat etc. A few of these layers have transitions to other animations such as Jumping to Falling. The Equipment slots are all children of the Player GameObject with AnimatorOverrideControllers Using the Players controller as a base.

The player base controller is working perfectly switching between layers/transitions, but the helmet for example does not detect transitions. It switches to the correct layer without issue, but for example on the movement layer I have a walking animation that can transition to a jump animation that transitions to a fall animation etc. The equipment correctly switches to the movement layer, but continues to play only the walking animation even while jumping/falling. I'm perplexed as to why because from my understanding isn't the overridecontroller supposed basically be doing exactly what the original is doing? Why are the transitions not being detected.

Something that seemed fairly intuitive at first, has quickly become a headache as I don't even know where to start because there is nothing in code that is different for the equipment to behave this way.

Using Unity 2021.3.15f1

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. ArtSkott

ArtSkott

Anyone? or is there some more information I can provide to aid? Really hung up on this at the moment.