Search Unity

Animator Help Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mr-Elite, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Mr-Elite

Mr-Elite

How could you make something like left for dead 2? The legs rotate 45 degre angles when walk up and left at the same time? I dont know how to rotate Leg or the pelvis?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Mr..
    I've never played L4D2 but if I understand your question correctly, it's a simple rigging setup - having the lower body independent of the upper body. Most animation rigs are set up this way and allow for lower body movement that doesn't effect the upper body and vis-versea.

I believe you are talking about a monster character or possibly a zombie? The important thing to keep in mind with this setup if you want to rotate the lower or upper body independently is to find a dividing line on the model where there can be independent rotation so there won't be any mesh stretching because the the upper mesh portion should be weighted to the upper bones and the lower mesh should be weighted to the lower bones.

My opinion - this would be easier to create in a dedicated modeling/rigging/animation package rather than inside Unity, unless you are creating something that is naturally bisected like an insect, robot or a primitive inorganic object.

Hope this helps. Next time posting a question it would be a little more helpful if you gave more information, what type of character, monster or object you want to create, and specifically what you are referencing in the game you mention.

When you find a nice solution that works for you post some of the rigging results you come up with.

3. Mr-Elite

Mr-Elite

That what i wanna to know, but the thing is how can i do this. im not sure how too?