Search Unity

Animator culling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gigglebooster, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Gigglebooster

Gigglebooster

Hi. I have culling option on my animator component set to "always animate", but it still appears to be culling. If I disable the animator component I can see my object fine, but once I enable the animator component it culls the object. I'm in VR so when I turn my head the object will just disappear. Has anyone encountered this issue? Not sure what to do.

2. Ukounu

Ukounu

Did you check "Update When Offscreen" in Skinned Mesh Renderer component?

3. Gigglebooster

Gigglebooster

I don't see that option on my mesh component. I think because it is not a skinned mesh renderer? I've tried everything. It seems to be something wrong with the Alembic stream player component tho after further testing. My Animator clip was only moving the Time parameter on the Alembic Stream Player component so that the animation would play. If I leave the time parameter alone the object appears correctly in vr, but as soon as I move this parameter it changes some setting on the object where it starts to disappear after viewing it from certain angles. Anyone else had this issue? I'm just changing the vertex color on the object with my animation it's not even moving.