Search Unity

Animator Controller losses animations when using Version controler

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Rosie-Posie, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Rosie-Posie

Rosie-Posie

Ok so the title might be a bit weird, but basically whats happening is, I make an animator, arrange the animation states and the transitions the way i want to, then commit to SVN using Tortoise. On my computer, everything is fine, I can close unity, re-open it and find all my stuff in the same state. awesome possum...

The problems starts when I send my coworker the files. He gets my controller with all the states inside, but all the animation clips inside are either missing or swapped with others! We are both using the same version of Unity, at first it wasn't the case, I was one version up, but I fixed that and we still have the same issue... What is the deal?

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

How do you share those files?
    Are you using the same project or he simply take all the files and put them in his own project?

You must be aware that referenced asset are stored with file ID and localFile object ID. If you simply copy all those file from one project to another one there is a high chance that those asset will get a new file Id/object ID and thus breaking all the reference.
    That why we do have a feature call export package, which package everything together in a way that unity can rebuild all those reference once the packge is imported in another project.

theANMATOR2b likes this.