Search Unity

Animator bugs out in PUN project

Discussion in 'Animation' started by jaja1, Aug 8, 2014.

1. jaja1

jaja1

For the past few hours I've been banging my head on the wall over this.
    I have two projects in unity with two identical characters (1 character per project). The characters are sprites in a 3D project (strange I know but I don't think that matters). Both characters are identical (script/component wise) and have animator components. They are not prefabs but once I get the issue sorted out I plan on converting one of the characters into a prefab. One of the characters works perfectly with a character controller I made in java. The other character has the same script but in c#. For some reason the second character does not animate properly using the state machine. I try to move in game and the walking and idle animations play randomly no matter what direction and the state machine doesn't show when the animations are playing. YES: the live update button is selected, YES: the gameobject is selected, YES: the animations worked PERFECTLY in the first project using the SAME sprites AND state machine configurations and parameters. The only difference is in the second project I have set up PUN. I disabled all PUN scripts in the character but no use. Can someone please tell me what's going on? I will provide any extra details upon request. I made this post on a phone because I wasn't at my PC at the time. Thanks in advance.

[EDIT] SOLVED! Problem was with the animations themselves. Also I made a couple silly mistakes in the code of my player controller. I flipped the left and right buttons. So for anyone having "animator bugs" I highly recommend double and tripple checking your scripts. Logical errors are always the worst to sort out and never show up the the debug console!!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014