Search Unity

Animator Bool parameter randomly stays false only when animation view is not visible. Possible bug?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by belamessex, May 27, 2015.

1. belamessex

belamessex

I'm having an issue where a bool parameter will randomly (about 1 in 7 times, but there is no pattern) not return to false, causing an animation not to transition. This only occurs when the animator window is not visible in the editor. If it is visible, everything works 100 percent of the time, and I can see the bool being checked off as it should. This means if I "maximize on play" or if I hide the animator window, the problem occurs. I tried creating a build, and same problem. I figure that this can't be a problem with my code because if it was, it seems that it would happen when the animator window was open as well. I tried deleting the animation state in the blend tree and re-implementing it, changed my code, checked and unchecked different boxes in more combinations than i can write down, but still IT KEEPS HAPPENING. I can't find anyone with the same problem... everyone else seems to be experiencing consistent problems from animator view to play mode, not a random one like mine. I think it may be a bug, and I feel like I'm going crazy trying to fix it. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Bool parameter do not return to false by them self. You need to change the value from a script.
    Maybe you mean a Trigger?