Search Unity

Animator: Animation plays once then stops (but shows it looping in Animator view)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Aggressor, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Aggressor

Aggressor

I have looked through the Unity videos and documentation but I'm not clear on what I seem to be doing wrong.

In the video they have a model who has the animation "idle". If they just leave him alone and start the game, the idle loops for them.

For me, I have walk set as default. However in my case, it plays it only once, then it stops. It keeps showing the blue line indicating its playing through the Walk state still, but its not animating my character.

If you know why my animation plays only once and how I can get it to loop (without having to script it) that would be appreciated!

2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

in the animation's import settings you checkbox "loop time" and "loop pose"

you select mesh animation is attached to and press the animations tab, select an animation and option is there....

...or i guess just select animation and checkbox the 2 ... my animations are attached to meshes, not sure how it is otherwise...

you select them in the assets window.. project folder viewer.. whatever thats called lol

darkdoom973 likes this.
  3. Beowulf Dragonheart

Beowulf Dragonheart

I have the same problem, I tried checking "loop time" and "loop pose", but it doesnt solve my problem. Can somebody please help me with this?

4. darkdoom973

darkdoom973

Thanx, this helped me

5. cristiancruz89434

cristiancruz89434

On the actual Animator component, there's a culling Mode that determines how it animates everything connected to it, change this from "cull update transforms" to "always animate", fixed my issue