Search Unity

animations with sprites behaving strangely

Discussion in 'Animation' started by FuzzyNori, Apr 6, 2017.

1. FuzzyNori

FuzzyNori

hello folks

i have an object that has a sprite renderer attached to it, i also have animations that scale and rotate my sprite, i made an animation controller with 4 states, each with their own animation, this was working fine until i added a 5th state with an animation that is supposed to change the actual sprite to another one in my assets after half a second

as soon as i drop the animation clip on the animator, the sprite renderer on the object goes crazy upon hitting play and will never show my sprite at all anymore

my 5th animation doesn't even have any transition and its not actually running at all, it seems there's some kind of bug preventing my original sprite to display as soon as an animation that would change the sprite is present, even if said animation is never actually called...

any help is appreciated

i'm running unity 5.5.1 on ubuntu

2. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Any property that's animated in the animator controller will be written every frame. Even if it's not connected.

The new animation you added probably writes isEnabled or IsVisible, or something else that your other clips are not animating, and the default value for that probably makes your object invisible.