Search Unity

Bug Animations Transitions breaking models?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ToastHatter, Apr 11, 2021.

1. ToastHatter

ToastHatter

Hello, I'm currently working on a Fighting game in Unity 2018 (2018.2.2f1 specifically). I've started to use Unity's transition duration feature for some animations for a smoother transition between certain states (crouch to standing, standing to block etc) for a much smoother experience.

However occasionally the transition frames cause the models to break and distort in ways they shouldn't be. The clip below showcases this, there is a specific frame where the skeleton character's head and other parts break off from the body in random directions.

Here is a picture version of it since it'll be hard to see in video form

upload_2021-4-11_1-53-22.png

Afterwards the character transitions into the Blocking animation smoothly with no issues. Here's the transition part

upload_2021-4-11_1-55-6.png

I have a theory that it might be due to the character trying to transition to two animations at once (crouch and block) at the same time which may break it as it transitions. Really not sure however.

Any suggestions or better methods? or any idea on how to fix this/prevent it from happening.

2. ToastHatter

ToastHatter

I removed the interruption source and that seemingly fixed the issue, although Is there a way to interrupt a transition without using the interruption source?

3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

That is an interesting theory.