Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Animations simply don't work

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mr_Packer12, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Mr_Packer12

Mr_Packer12

I have spent months at this point trying to learn how to properly make FPS animations, and I am not getting anywhere. Currently the set of arms that I have won't play the animations properly. Everything looks good in blender. I have an idle animation, walking (which is idle just sped up), item interact(holds out right arm as if touching), and pistol equip. See the Pistol hold and Idle in blender below:

Untitled design (64).jpg Untitled design (65).jpg
    I don't know what happened, but now when trying to use these animations in unity, everything is messed up. I have the settings as generic, create avatar from this model. When running the project, instead of the idle animation, the arms are stuck in a warped version of the item interact animation. And when I equip the pistol, the the animation will play, but then the left hand will slide to the left and be out from under the gun where it should be (see Images below). Like I said I have spent months of studying animations as much as I possibly can and I am not getting anywhere with this. Would love feedback as to what might be happening. Thank you. Untitled design (66).jpg Untitled design (67).jpg

2. Mr_Packer12

Mr_Packer12

Hey for anyone that sees this. I am not sure why, maybe it is a bug, but what seems to fix the issue is when I run the project and toggle "write defaults" or change an animation from non-loop to loop, it seems to "reset" the animator and the animations will work properly. Again not too sure why this is the case, I've only recently experienced this.

tsukimi likes this.