Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Animations Not Working Properly on Import from Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by LeanneCreed21, Jan 17, 2024.

1. LeanneCreed21

LeanneCreed21

I have a set of animations on my armature in blender which are all working fine. It's four different animation actions which I exported using the correct settings for exporting an animated model. See below export settings from blender:

upload_2024-1-17_21-20-46.png

When I drag the model into the assets folder in my Unity project, the animations look all wrong. They have 1 or 2 frames and move weirdly, not like they should. I get the following error in Unity upon importing:

upload_2024-1-17_21-23-51.png

Which does not make sense as in blender, the frame rate is set to 30 FPS.

When I select the FBX in the asset folder and click into the animation tab, as you can see the frames are not getting picked up by Unity:

upload_2024-1-17_21-25-34.png

I tried changing the animation type to Legacy, I saw this was a solution online but it did not affect anything:

upload_2024-1-17_21-27-13.png

I am really confused and would greatly appreciate any help on offer, thank you!

Unity version 2022.3.10f1
    Blender version 3.3.1

Attached Files:

2. LeanneCreed21

LeanneCreed21

I found out that the version of blender I was using had a bug. After installing the latest version, Blender 4.0, re-exporting my animations, then importing them into Unity, they now work as expected.