Search Unity

Animations not stopping correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by radimusprime, Sep 14, 2017.

1. radimusprime

radimusprime

So am as green as they come and I'm puzzled by this animation problem I've run into twice now.

Originally when player would go from idle to run and/or back again the animation would be terribly delayed. Somehow that sorted itself out and I've no idea what I did to solve the issue.

Now I've progressed and I've added a jump function and the same problem is back, only this time with going from the jump blend tree to the player landing. Unless the player lands precisely as the animation cycle is completing the animation finishes it's loop before starting on the next cycle "landing" before THEN going back to Idle.

What truly puzzles me is I'm following a tutorial and so far have followed the script verbatim and the problem doesn't exist in the tutorial game but is present in mine.

The only difference I can see between the two (the tutorial and mine) is that the falling animation in the tutorial is 1 frame where mine is 3.

I've included the tutorial if it will help narrow down the problem. Also i'm new here so if this is in the wrong area point me in the right direction please.

2. radimusprime

radimusprime

Strangely enough I've seen others with the same problem but never a solution.