Search Unity

Animations not Importing Properly (Using Same Technique I've Used for Other Things)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Rhazelle, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Rhazelle

Rhazelle

So I am using Mecanim to do my animations atm and it's been working great so far with a lot of other things.

I bake all my keys onto my my models and export them with their joints into an fbx, then import it into Unity. It has worked for everything else, but for this one model nothing seems to be working even though I am using the exact same method I've been using to import my other files. (I have tried both cleaning up the model to only have geo and joints in the fbx export and leaving all the controllers and stuff in when exporting just in case it was because I deleted something important. Neither works.)

The animation and model still works fine if I open the FBX up in Maya.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Mecanim. I've tried everything under the Rig tab (turned it to Legacy, used a different model, etc.)

Pressing play under animation just shows my character standing still even though the animation is "playing". This is right after import before I touch anything.

$golemprob1.png

This is what happens when I try to set it up with Mecanim (chose a model under Rig section). This animation is also still while playing.

$golemprob2.png

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I should try as to what is going on or how to fix?

2. Rhazelle

Rhazelle

Figured it out. Joints didn't fit into Unity's description of "Humanoid" and didn't know where to shove them. Had to configure and reassign the joints and reset the model.