Search Unity

animations not importing from Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by Wolfgabe, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe

So recently I was doing this tutorial series on how to create a 3D platformer and I have just gotten to the part where you import models and animations.I downloaded the files and ended up converting them to .FBX so I could import them to Unity. However when the character model imported I noticed that several animations were missing entirely with only the Jump and blind poses being present
    upload_2019-8-17_8-52-42.png
    Here are all the animations that should be with the model as shown in the pop up menu where I have my mouse

upload_2019-8-17_8-54-33.png
    Here in the model import settings there are only two animations present consisting of Blind Pose and Jump
    clicking the plus button does little to solve the problem since it just makes a copy of one of the two animations

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

The Start and End fields just above Loop Time let you select which frames the selected Clip will use. The one you currently have selected is only a single frame. Clicking the plus will create a copy of the selected Clip which you can then adjust the Start and End on.

I suspect Unity will only grab the animation details from the model when it is first imported so that it doesn't overwrite your modifications every time you update the model. To get it to do that again, just delete the model and reimport it.

3. Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe

what I don't understand though is why F IDLE 1, F ATTACK F IDLE 2, F JUMP, F PROJECTION, F ROLL, F RUN, AND F WALK did not import with the model when they clearly should have. I have tried deleting and reimporting the model several times but it doesn't seem to work. Just so you know I had to export the character as an FBX file in order to import it into Unity since Blender seems to be having issues with importing .Blend files directly currently

EDIT
    Okay I see was using Unity 5.5.4p4 I am gonna update to 2019.2 and see if that helps

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019