Search Unity

Animations missed on collab restore

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Kentorianx, May 30, 2019.

1. Kentorianx

Kentorianx

in the last version i uploaded i made changes to some animations, and for various reasons i had to roll back to another version, but when i restored to the last version, all my animations changes are gone. i am using unity 2018.2.7f1 and making animations with svg images using vector graphics from the package manager. is there a way to restore that changes? i tried downloading all the project from the cloud but it didn't work.

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Kentorianx, did you publish those changes you made to your animations before you rollbacked to an earlier version? Both Rollback and Restore overwrite all unpublished local changes, which is why before these operations can be completed we ask you to confirm if losing local changes is what you want before continuing. I'm sorry if that was the case, but those changes aren't kept anywhere else during a Rollback/Restore.

3. Kentorianx

Kentorianx

yes, i did publish those changes for that reason. but seems like it didn't save my animations. Everything else did.

4. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Ah, in that case then those changes should have been caught by Collab and not be overwritten during a restore. I'm not personally familiar with the vector graphics package so I want to spend some time looking into it to see how Collab reacts to it. Do you know if any other vector graphic-related changes are not being synced by Collab?

5. Kentorianx

Kentorianx

no other changes, i created my animations again and it synced well this time and is working fine for now, i noticed that when i am creating animations with vector graphics, the editor behave strange, sometimes setting the values from the transform component of the object i am animating to 0, or simply ignoring some keyframes. I will keep checking if there is any other problem related to this, thanks for the help.

ryanc-unity likes this.