Search Unity

Animations jumping when using scaled characters.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nielsvaes, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nielsvaes

nielsvaes

I've made several animation in Maya and imported them without a problem into Unity. Set up a state machine and all animations and transitions are working fine. I then made a unity package out of this character from my test project to import in the actual project. When I import the package it's imported at Scale Factor 1, which is too big for the levels that are already built.

When I scale the character down to the appropriate size, the animation transitions are acting up. The character slides forward or backward for a couple of animations.

Is it not possible to scale characters after they've been imported? Or am I missing something in the Animations tab? I've tried playing around with the Root Transform Rotation, Root Transform Position (Y) and Root Transform Position (XZ), but no matter which settings I try there's still some sliding around.

Getting kind of frustrated at the moment because I don't really know what else I could do at this point.

Any help is appreciated.

2. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

you can scale the character in the fbx's/model's import settings, but if you have separate fbx's for animations, make sure the import scale for those matches the model's settings.

You can also just scale the model in the scene... should work ok