Search Unity

Animations get tangled up?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kinguhdahood5, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kinguhdahood5

kinguhdahood5

So, I have a project I'm working on but I have an issue with switching between animations, I would upload a recording but I guess the file is too large to upload? Might be something on my part, that aside, I have three different animations, one still, run, and dash animation. At any time, the character can get hit by an object, like a car or a boulder, which then activates a ragdoll, temporarily disabling the character controller. After the ragdoll is destroyed, it re-enables the character controller, but the animations get tangled up.

So, to be more clear, after the character gets hit and re-enabled, the animations get mixed up, where the still anim combines with the run anim, or combines with the dash anim, and I get left with this weird mixed up version that should be still.

Initially, I thought after re-enabling the object that it would reset the Animator, so I don't know what's getting mixed up or being misinterpreted. I'm also using UMotion for my animations that are generic, but I don't feel the problem lies within that. I'm not using layers either. Any advice on what to look at or what to do would be awesome, thank you