Search Unity

Animations Do Not Work with Newer Model

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Herooftime1000, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Herooftime1000

Herooftime1000

Hello! Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I have a bit of a bother.

My animator partner made a wyvern for the game we are making. However, I asked him to fix the textures of the wings. He did, but then the previous animation fbx files that worked with the older model stopped working on the previews. "No problem", I thought. "I'll just ask him to send me the fbx files again since he told me that the new model is animating fine on his 3D making program. Maybe it just needs to be updated." I was wrong, though. It seems something or other is making the fbx files just refuse to work.

Can anyone help pinpoint the problem? I'd be grateful if you did. Here is the download of the latest model and fbx files in question.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hROkIl-4ED_lQGxmPevfAyTgONianMId/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

2. Herooftime1000

Herooftime1000

Please, we need help to settle this ASAP.

3. teutonicus

teutonicus

upload_2018-4-26_15-22-10.png upload_2018-4-26_15-16-33.png
    In the "Wyvern_Model" file you provided, the "main" transform/joint (highlighted above) does not exist. It does exist in your animations though, which means your rig's joint hierarchy doesn't match that of your animations and so no animations play. Adding in a dummy "main" joint to the model's joint hierarchy works as a quick bandaid fix. The proper fix would be to make sure that your rig and animations are exported with matching hierarchies.

4. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

He probably just forgot to select a bone when he did an "Export Selected" or something.

5. Herooftime1000

Herooftime1000

Thank you so much! I'll let my partner know immediately.