Search Unity

Animations and constantly RAM usage increasing!

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by rodrigoalves9882, Apr 25, 2020.

1. rodrigoalves9882

rodrigoalves9882

Hi everyone!

This week I'm having a serious problem with characters animations: They're consuming more and more RAM every second!

As you can see in the video bellow, I recorded the scene with my 2 animated characters and the RAM starts constantly increasing; When I deactivated the Animator Component, the RAM consumition immediately stops. When I activate the Component again, the RAM start increasing again, reaching a level that my pc just turns off because of the high memory usage.

My animated characters are from Blender.

This is the first time I experienced that issue in my project, and I have this project for 4 years!

Anyone know this issue? What could it be? Any help is reaaaaly welcome!

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Hi,

There is currently no know issues regarding animation memory leak.
    Please log a bug to help us to investigate your issue
    Thanks

3. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Hello Rodrigo,

We don't currently have any bug reports about ever-increasing memory usage with the Animator.

This may mean that you have found a bug we are not aware of, or this may mean there's an issue in your code.

The Animator fires events, and changes component values, both of which could cause your code to allocate memory.

You can use the memory profiler to identify what memory is growing, or you can file a bug report using the Unity bug reporter and we will investigate.

From your video, we don't have enough information to diagnose the issue.

4. HaonStore

HaonStore

I have the same problem.
    When I have time, I will report a bug.

5. ElmisteriosoYtz

ElmisteriosoYtz

I have same problem but by Animator Window if I use it with suficient Time it consume inexpected RAM

6. lesnier

lesnier

Same problem here

7. lesnier

lesnier

I think the problem is when creating transitions and modifyind them in game mode, memory usage increases but isn't released when exit game mode.